CLIFF CHAN is an artist photographer, based in Lille, France.
In addition to this, you will need to know more about it.
Working on the unchanging themes of the body, the quest for oneself, time as well as the poetry of nature and man, my current production is however tinged with photographic experiments and moments of life printed on film.
With a look that wants to be warm and contemporary I try to forge a link, like a newspaper, a sensitive vision of my particular history.
Indeed suffering from an Osteogenesis Imperfecta - a rare genetic disease - which marked my body but especially my existence and my sensitivity, I have been trying for a few years to produce images borrowed from this singularity. By means of photographic and video experiments my aim is to give a new meaning to a defect. As if to mark the uniqueness of my being, it is above all in the desire to capture beauty within an imperfection. This emerges as a desire for survival and metamorphosis.
- WELCOME: Group exhibition, at Studio-garden Verrewinkel (BE).
- Collective exhibition, end-of-year jury at Ecole Supérieure des Arts Saint-Luc, Tournai (BE).
- Collective exhibition at Le Camion in Roubaix (FR).
SCHOLARSHIPS AND DISTINCTIONS
- PRAC creation support grant - Haut de France region.
Creation assistance grant for the production of a photographic documentary.
- Residence at Studio-garden Verrewinkel - Uccle, (BE).
Creative residency in partnership with plastic artist Quentin Carnaille
- Bachelor in Photography and Animated Images at the Ecole Supérieure des Arts Saint-Luc - Tournai (BE).